Saturday, January 21, 2012

House Warming

I had a friend at work buy a house; her first house.  This is a very exciting and big deal.  A new house deserves a house warming present.

I "secretly" tried to find out her kitchen colors by asking her what color she planned on painting the kitchen.  This launched into a long discussion on color, but it seemed to center around that she liked blues and greens.  Sugar 'n Cream yarn is on sale at Michael's this week so I always stock-up on the cotton yarn and this was an excuse to buy more.

My lys, is having a 2012 challenge and one of the challenges is to crochet from a chart.  I decided to meet that challenge and make the gift so I made these:


The pattern is: 27-28-35 Tawashi by Pierrot (Gosyo Co., Ltd).  I have made this many times before, but not in a while so, I thought I'd get the pattern out and hook it up.  The yarn is Sugar 'n Cream.

I also made some matching scrubbies from a pattern in my Knitting calendar.



The pattern is: Cotton Scrubbies and Washcloth by Lynn Rowe.  The yarn is Sugar 'n Cream.  Also crochet, project (I am on a crochet kick, I still have one more project to reveal.)

My friend graciously accepted the gift and said they were too nice to use, but I convinced her that I did indeed make them for her to use and if they wore out, I would make more.

No comments:

Post a Comment