Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Accidental Hat

We finally got the cold weather and snow that we have been waiting for all winter.  This made me realize that I did not have hat for myself.  I saw another mom at daycare that had a great cream colored hat.  I decided I could make myself a cream colored hat.

A few weeks ago I saw this pattern on Purl Bee (another great knitting blog.)  I love the cables and the classic look. 

I went yarn looking.  I wanted something that was machine washable and warm and also wool.  I could not find any superwash wool in cream so I went with plain old wool, Cascade 220.  How often do you wash your hats anyway?

I cast on Saturday afternoon and just never stopped.



I did not mean to knit a whole hat in a day, but I did.  I just kept going and going.

I love how it turned out.




No comments:

Post a Comment