Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May Day

Happy May Day!  I can't believe it it May.  It is my favorite month because of my birthday, the flowers, the weather and school getting out. It is just a great month in general.

I haven't made jewelry in months (January, maybe?) so, for my neighbor's birthday, I decided to get some beads and make an earring and bracelet set.  This is my go-to set. I love to make a set and this is the most economical way because I can usually make a bracelet and matching earrings from the one strand of beads I buy. (And I only buy beads on sale or with a coupon.)  I can't recall ever making a beaded necklace, maybe I should try that next.



I buy my beads at area craft stores.  These came from Joann's, part of my awesome Friday night outing.  I also buy from Michael's and Hobby Lobby. I go where the sale is.  Some day I would like to buy fancy beads and findings at the bead store and online, but for now I am content.

When I got out my beading supplies, I realized that I have a lot of beads that I have not made into anything, yet.  I really need to start making some jewelry (maybe when a little 4year-old is not trying to help).  I am thinking of selling some of my jewelry at the farmer's market this summer, but this goes back to my feelings that things I make are not something someone would pay for.  However, I think I am willing to give it a try.

Do you love May?  What are you looking forward to this month?

2 comments:

  1. Those are so pretty. Great birthday gift! I love may because I can plant flowers. I want every flower I see in the greenhouses. I just wish I knew if it was going to freeze again, because I want to get them planted. The weather here is so unpredictable. Happy May Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the record, I would totes pay for some of your jewelry! You should learn how to do wrap bracelets, because my fat fingers won't work with them. Then I could buy them from you. :D

    ReplyDelete