Monday, February 6, 2012

Weekend Fun

This weekend was full of family time.

On Saturday we had open gym time with D's day care group.  She had so much fun running around with her little friends.  She seems to miss them a lot on weekends so it is nice that the day care plans a few outings each semester for the kids to get together on weekends.  As a parent, I love meeting the other parents and discussing our kids and parenting.  I also love having something fun to do with the family outside the house for free. 

D showed off her tumbling skills.


Her parachute skills





Her architecture skills

and her running skills (she was too fast to catch on camera).

The girl loves to run, and that makes Mama proud.  I think she will be a future running buddy for me.  I just need to give it a few years for her endurance to build.  I definitely think some kiddie races are in her future.  Maybe I am just hoping too much, but she does seem to want to do everything I do.

After the gym time, we tried to get D to take a nap, at which we were unsuccessful.  So instead she made cookies with her daddy.  If she isn't going to sleep might as well sugar her up, right?

Around then, Merma and Papa (my in-laws) arrived for an overnight visit.  They graciously said they wanted to come visit and they wanted to babysit and treat us to a night out.  Since moving to Peoria, just over 2 years ago, we have not had many child-free date nights, I can think of 2.  So this was well welcomed.

Sunday was a whirl wind of shopping, eating and napping.  Oh and watching the Superbowl.  I am thoroughly exhausted and grouchy.  The end.

What did you do over the weekend?  Has it left you feeling like a grouch this Monday?

No comments:

Post a Comment