Thursday, February 9, 2012

One for the Money

I re-read One for the Money by Janet Evanovich last month in preparation for the theatrical release.
I have read all 18 books in the Stephanie Plum series so it was nice to go back and re-read what happened in the beginning.  I had forgotten a lot.  I remembered I did not like Jimmy Alpha, but I couldn't remember why.  I also kept waiting for certain things to happen, certain things that apparently happen in the next few books and not this one.

This book is not fine, upstanding literature, if you are looking for that.  This is just a fun, little read set in 1994 (so there are some pretty hilariously dated references).  I don't like my books to be too serious.  I like to be entertained with fun and frivolity and this is right up that alley.


I definitely fell in love with this series again.  The teen section (13-16) of the series is pretty poorly written and underwhelming to say the least, but 17 and 18 are much better. I read on, because I love Stephanie Plum.  Going back to the first book makes me want to read the next few in the series again, but I barely have time to read what I want, let alone re-read.

I was blessed by a visit from Merma and Papa (my in-laws) last weekend.  They watched my daughter so I could have a date night with my husband.  We had a nice little meal and then went to the movies to see Katherine Heigl as Stephanie Plum in One for the Money.
Heigl was fantastic in the role.  I was pretty unsure about the casting, but she did an amazing job.  The movie was overall pretty good and followed the book pretty well.  There were a few inaccuracies to the plot, which helped move the movie along so, I see why they were incorporated.  If you are a Stephanie Plum fan, you need to go see it. 

Have you read the series or seen the movie?  If not, what are you waiting for? 

No comments:

Post a Comment