Thursday, March 8, 2012

For the twins

I am making baby hats that resemble boobs for my cousin's twins due this spring. Yay for baby hats and breastfeeding.

Get it?, "For the Twins".  The boobs are twins, the babies are twins...crickets?

Anyway, here is what the finished product will look like:



Do you know how hard it is to find yarns that are flesh and nipple colored?  The pattern calls for a peach color, but I couldn't find one.  My husband joked that if i needed to match my skin color I would have to choose white.  So I settled for in-between color, I did the best I could and got off-white/cream and pinkish colored yarns.

I'll be working on these this weekend. They shouldn't take too long.  Crochet baby hats come together quickly.  This may be the strangest, most unique and unusual thing I have ever made for anyone, and she requested it.

What is the strangest thing you have ever made?  Have you seen something like this before?  What weird baby items have you seen recently?


No comments:

Post a Comment