Monday, July 2, 2012

Sweater Blocking


I am happy to announce that I have finished my first ever cardigan!!! 

Well, I have finished all the knitting.  I gave it a soak and now I am blocking it.  I hope blocking teaches those edges to stay down and not curl up.  Once it is done drying, I will sew on the buttons (the buttons are amazing, I'll show you later).




It was nearly 100 degrees on Friday when I bound off the last stitch and gave it a bath.  Something about the heat really made me want to make a sweater.  I also did a bunch of yard work.  The heat will make you do crazy things.

I really loved making this cardigan.  I like a new challenge, but something that is not too challenging.  I can definitely tell that I am improving my knitting skills with each new project.  

But for now, it is drying and waiting for me to return from vacation (our first family vacation that is not to visit family, squee!).  I hope to finish my socks and start something new... maybe that hedgehog you all voted for me to make next. 

Vacation is for knitting right? Where are you vacationing this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment