Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween

It was our first Halloween in our new house.  I was not sure what to expect.  I just wanted to have lots of candy to hand out and I wanted my daughter to have fun.  I had to figure out how to do both simultaneously because my husband was on a business trip. 

My daughter dressed as a beautiful princess.
She might be a bit obcessed with Disney princesses.  I convinced her to be her own princess.  This costume was so cheap.  The dress my mom found and bought at a re-sale shop.  We already had the crown, scepter, shoes, cardigan and tights.  It was so perfect as purple is her favorite color.

The trick-or-treating was a total bust.  It was great weather, but only three houses on our street were handing out candy.  I had less than 10 trick-or-treaters all night.  Next year, I think we'll do what apparently everyone else was doing- go somewhere else to trick-or-treat.

I will say my daughter had fun and that is what matters.  Even when she turned from pretty princess to vampire princess.



No comments:

Post a Comment