Monday, June 11, 2012

Cherry Fest 5k 2012

I have been so busy dealing with my daughter (who is doing much better!!!!) that I forgot to mention I ran a 5k on June 2 in Washington, IL.

I ran a PR!!!!! 26:30!  I wanted to get under 27 minutes and I did it!  Now my teenage self says: I am a slokey-pokey, but my 29 year-old self is pretty proud.  I realize I will never be as fast as I once was.  My freshman year of high school, I ran the 2 mile in 13:26, that's 6:43 minute/mile. I only got slower in high school, actually. I peaked at 14.  At this race, I was nearly 2 minutes per mile slower at 8:32 per mile, but hey, I think I did pretty great.

It is a great, little, small-town race. I ran it last year too and plan on running it again and again.  Lots of locals come out to run or watch.  The course is flat and there is not much to look at, but at the end, you get free pancakes!!!!  All the pancakes and sausage you can eat.  It is so worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment