Monday, June 4, 2012

Adventureland

"Come on over to Adventureland, it's gonna be a fun filled day"

You know the jingle, right?  Well you do, if you grew up in Iowa.

D and I went to the amusement park on Sunday, along with my dad, brother, sister-in-law, their kids and her family.  Oh and hundreds of other Dance Marathon families.  Dance Marathon at the University of Iowa is a student organization that provides support to the families of children at the U of I Children's Hospital; this includes my niece and her family.  Dance Marathon coordinated the entire trip including: buses, lunch and tickets for a low cost for us and no cost for my brother's family.  It was great.  Thanks Dance Marathon!

It was a long trip (we were on the bus just as long as we were in the park), but D liked the bus ride, for the first hour anyway. Adventureland is in Altoona, IA, just outside of DesMoines.

She also loved the rides.



She went on almost every kiddie ride and several bigger rides too.  She even went with me on The Dragon, a roller coaster with two loops. She was very brave.  I think I have a future roller coaster buddy, which is good since my husband hates them.

Do you like roller coasters?

No comments:

Post a Comment