Friday, April 20, 2012

We know how to party

First thing you think of when you think of me is party animal, right?  I mean beside all the reading, running and knitting.  Maybe not.  Well, my baby sister is getting married this summer and I am her matron of honor so the responsibility of throwing her a bachelorette party fell on me....the party animal.  Good thing my sister is very similar to me and isn't a partier. 

Last weekend was her wedding shower thrown by my mom's friends.  I decided after the shower would be the best time to take the bridesmaids and moms out for the bachelorette party since it would be the only time we were all together before the wedding weekend.  We went to Antique Anthropology (not the fancy store Anthropologie, we were in Iowa folks) .



Iowa has a lot going for it.  It is a great place to live and millions of pigs and people agree.  I grew up there and someday hope to return. One of the big things currently bringing Iowa fame is the TV show "American Pickers" on the History Channel. This is their shop in LeClaire.

It looks bigger on TV.


But the cool car was there, near the banks of the mighty Mississippi.

Then, what do a bunch of 20-somethings and the bride's mom and future mother-in-law go?

Like I said, we know how to party.

My sister loves Build-a-Bear.  You should have seen her reaction we we told her we were going.  There were a lot of squeals, clapping and flaying of arms (this is how Nielsen girls show excitement, I do it too).

Here is the bride-to-be watching her bears get stuffed and doing the magic ritual.  Yes, they made her do all the silly stuff 4-year-olds love.

She is so happy with her wedding bears.


They are pretty cute.  I did not buy the car too, but it was perfect for a photo op.

After all this excitement, it was time for dinner


...and margaritas.

No one finished their margarita.  I came pretty close though.  We did get the big ones and they did taste like pure tequila.  Thank you Azteca 4.  So good.

After dinner we did some shopping at TJ Maxx, another favorite of my sister.

I got home just after 10:30 which was a big accomplishment because my husband said I would be home by 8:30.

It was a great night really.  We all loved it.  It was perfect for my sister and something she will always remember, I think.

What have you done for your sibling lately?


No comments:

Post a Comment