Friday, December 9, 2011

42

I did it.  I reached 42, 42 teeth that is.  I love my Hitchhiker scarf, but boy was I starting to hate it.  It took me just over two-and-a-half weeks to make, with each row adding more and more stitches.  It really felt like it would never end.  Thursday night I was so fortunate to leave my house alone.  Thursday night is knit night at The Fiber Universe and I want to be there if I can.

It was a magical evening.  I was away from my house and family.  (I have been craving a bit of alone time lately.)  I signed up for a Beginning Spinning class taking place on this Saturday.  (Very, very excited about this one.) I bought yarn to make my brother-in-law's scarf.  (Very pretty, I mean masculine, gray from Cascade 220.)  And the crowning achievement-finished the Hitchhiker!!!

It took nearly two hours of knitting to get through the last two "teeth" and bind off.  I quickly sewed in the ends and wore it home.


hitchhiker

hitchhiker

I love this thing.  The thousands of tiny stitches--on size US 3 needles with fingerling yarn.  From end to end it is over 6 feet., just the way I like my scarves.

No comments:

Post a Comment