Friday, August 19, 2011

No Time Like the Present

I feel I have had no time to do anything and I feel as though I have accomplished a lot lately.  It is the paradox I live my life in.

What have I been doing?  Swim lessons and other end of the summer/beginning of the school year activities.
 I have been spending my Tuesday and Thursday evenings watching my daughter swim to her hearts content. Her lesson only takes 30 minutes but in the end it really takes up the whole evening.  As soon as we get home, I have to cook, we have to eat, we have to drive, then swim, then drive home again.  If she is good, we play on the playground next to the swim complex before going home, but Delaina rarely listens and is good.  When we get home.  It is showering and getting ready for bed time.  I am just exhausted.  We did this for 4 weeks.  Last night was the last lesson.  I am happy.  But now we are moving on to the next activity.

My husband has been traveling a lot for work so we don't see him a few times a week.  I actually quickly adapt to sleeping in my bed solo.  I love to spread out!

A water main broke near our house so we were without water and then on a boil order.  The dishes and laundry just did not get done.  I am just a bit behind in that area, but really who is ahead in housework?

I think things will be better now, calmer (as if calm happens in my life).  Maybe I am just being optimistic.  I feel caught up.  I have 99% of my class planned and up on Blackboard.  I have everything done in the library that I can possibly have done before school starts.  I am checking things off my to-do list and putting post-its everywhere as reminders.

Maybe I will have time to knit, crochet and read this weekend?  Or maybe get groceries?  I also promised Delaina a trip to a new park.

PS On great news, my niece was scanned to see if her cancer has progressed.  All tests came back with no new cancer!!!  This is such great news.  Hopefully all this evil will be behind our family soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment