Sunday, August 7, 2011

It's who I am

I made a very important purchase last week.  One that could save my life.


Have you ever heard of Road ID?  If you spend any time away from your house working out, you should know about them and get one.


The founders of Road ID, a father and son, came up with the idea when the son was training for a marathon and the father worried about the son's safety and how anyone would know to contact him if the son needed help. Road ID was made to make runners, cyclist and anyone else out and about outdoors or in a gym have identification and emergency contact information on them.  There are several different styles, ones for shoes, ankles and wrists.  I chose the bracelet kind.


You can put your name and city as well as several different emergency contact numbers.  On this model there are seven lines you can fill.  If you want you can add a motivational saying.  I chose "Everyday in every way getting better and better."  It is from "Beautiful Boy" by John Lennon about his son Sean.  I like the saying because I love John Lennon and my main goal in running is to just get better.   I want to get better every day.  This quote was perfect for me.

I was prompted to get one when I fell down running.  I just got a good dose of road rash and a bit of blood.  But it got me thinking, what if I would have really hurt myself.  I was less than a mile from home, but no cars passing by would have known that.  Now I don't have to worry.  I still worry about injury, but I am not worried about getting in contact with my family. 

I went for a run with my Road ID and barely noticed it.  It fits great and is very adjustable.  I will wear it when ever I work out, including in the gym.  People may know who I am in the gym, but they don't know who to call in an emergency without looking it up on some saved form.  Now I have my husband's and mother's name and cell phone numbers strapped to my arm so that they can easily be contacted.

I am training to run a half marathon.  Right now my mileage keeps me within a few miles of home, but soon my mileage will lead me further and further from home.  Plus, I love in the middle of a city with cars and crossing major intersections. Having my Road ID now gives me peace of mind.

If you want one please let me know.  I have some $1 off coupons.  My road ID cost about $30, but there are other styles that are cheaper.




I did not receive compensation for this. I bought my Road ID.  I just wanted you all to know about the great product.

No comments:

Post a Comment