Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Pinterest Trials

I am so addicted to Pinterest.  Are you?  My problem is that I pin all this cool stuff and do none of it.  Well, this week I did two Pinterest things. Yes two!  I was barely doing two things a week at the beginning of the month.  The second trimester is going so much better than the first.

On to the Pinterest projects.

First,

A crockpot recipe.  With #2 on the way I am stockpiling tons of freezer and crockpot meals.  If you know of any good ones, send them my way.

On Sunday I tried this:
Hawaiian BBQ Chicken


(Image from Six Sister's Stuff)
Mine looked nothing like this.

It tasted okay.  I used regular BBQ sauce instead of Hawaiian BBQ sauce.  Maybe that was the problem.  Anyway, I am not a big fan, but I can see why others would love it.  And it was super easy.


Second,

I added baking soda to hard boiling my eggs.  Pinterest claims that it makes them easier to peal.

(image from Buzzfeed)


They were right.  My egg shells have never pealed so easily and on new eggs too.  This trick is definitely a keeper; just 1/2 teaspoon baking soda in the water.

What gems have you found on Pinterest?  Anything I should give a try?

2 comments:

  1. love the tip on the eggs. I have one almost everyday, and they are such a pain to peel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baking Soda will change your life then. I eat about two a day for a good protein snack for the fetus.

      Delete