Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Announcing...

The arrival of my second child in late July.


It is doing a headstand!

That means my little fetus is about 11 1/2 weeks old today. (Yes, I call it a fetus and not a baby.  It is not a baby until it is out or at least viable. You can call it a baby, though, if that is what you prefer.)

So far, this has been a less than desirable pregnancy.  Very much unlike my first.  I am very nauseous all day which is actually causing me to eat all day and gain weight.  The nauseous feeling went away over Christmas just in time for me to get a cold.  Now I still have the cold and the nausea is back.  I am sure things will turn around when I finish out this first trimester later this month. Right?

I haven't been blogging much because I haven't been doing much.  I go to work and I come home and lay in the recliner. On the days I had off over break, I just laid in the recliner (I love Netflix.  Best thing ever!)  The thought of knitting was making me ill, so since Thanksgiving I have only made one small beret.  I haven't been running because I have been so sleepy. There has been nothing to report.  Nothing you want to hear anyway.  I have been a bit of a crabby pants lately.  Constant nausea and tiredness will do that to you I guess.  I am definitely not as excited as other people, my sister cried and my mom's friend nearly died of shock, according to her daughter.  I think my outward excitement will happen when I feel better.

My family had a good Christmas and New Year.  We enjoyed telling our daughter she is going to be a big sister so she could tell her grandparents.  D is very excited.  She keeps feeling my belly and asking if it is any bigger. She thinks we should name it "Chuck E. Cheese" because she doesn't know any babies with that name.  She is right.  Her logic never fails.

So my new year's resolution is to have a happy and healthy pregnancy and then baby.  Oh and to knit and crochet a few baby things.

So what is your resolution?

9 comments:

  1. I'm sure you'll feel more excited when you feel better. The first trimester (and the last for me)can be a pain. I'm happy for you and your family...you are doing just what you planned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I feel better soon. I never felt like this the first time. I always try to stick to my plans. I am surprised you remembered. Many people just decided we weren't having another.

      Delete
    2. Ha...I'm an elephant...not. But I do remember our conversations. I keep up with you and your doins...

      Delete
  2. Michelle,
    I am happy for you. I hope that you will soon be feeling better and back to your love of knitting. Take good care.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I hope to get back to knitting soon.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks. I going to need some decorating advice soon.

      Delete
  4. Congrats! I'm sure you'll feel better soon. So what will little Chuck E. Cheese Ott's middle name be? I'm sure D will find a good use for that E. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete