Thursday, September 26, 2013

Snug as a Bug

I know I said I would work on knitting my blocks but...have I ever mentioned, I have a very cute son.  I love making little things for him and he makes for a great model.

I made his this football cocoon.




He is a bit big for it now.  It is meant for a newborn and Stormy was never newborn sized.

But he is just so cute, I'm not sure it really matters how it fits.






This cocoon is super easy to make.  I picked the pattern up for $2 at Ewe-Nique Yarns in Morton, IL.  It is a fast knit because you hold two strands of chunky yarn throughout on size US11 needles. I am so used to holding so thick of yarn that all other yarn feels so small.

Back to knitting blocks.  Then more cute things for baby.

What do you think?  Cutest model ever?



1 comment:

  1. It looks like it fits him okay. It's supposed to be "snug," right? Maybe you could just knit a few more rows at the top. Also, "Stormy" is going to turn out to be a hugely ironic nickname--he is so chill.

    ReplyDelete