Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Knitting is like that

Part of my 2012 challenge for The Fiber Universe is to knit gloves...


Done and done.   I decided to make child size for D. 

The yarn is Jojoland Baritone (loved this wool! first time using it.) and the pattern is Gloves for Kids.

Only there is one problem...


They are not the same size.  I seem to have forgotten some important step in the palm area on the second one making it smaller.  Knitting is like that, very unforgiving if you, you know, forget to do something.

I have enough yarn to make a thrid.  Maybe then I will get a matching pair.  Or maybe I will just throw these in the pile of knitted objects never to be used.

Still on a teal kick....

Next project might still be teal.  But after that no teal..........

 

1 comment:

  1. You could just unravel the one that doesn't fit. D would have fun doing that for you. Then you could reuse the yarn to remake the second one.

    ReplyDelete