Sunday, October 14, 2012

Catching up

I have been home for the past three weekends.  Three whole weekends in a row.  Now this may not sound like a long time, but for me it is.  I don't know that last time we have been home three weekends in a row.

Since we moved to central Illinois (nearly 3 years ago) we are only about 100 miles away from both my parents and my husband's.  This was a huge change from a 9-10 hour drive when we lived in Nashville, to now under 2 hours.  This has been great because D has spend a lot of time with her grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins.  But it has also meant that we are gone a lot of weekends.

It is hard to build a life in a new town when we are gone a lot of weekends.  It is hard to get things done around the house when you are away from the house.  It is very stressful for me to be gone so much and fall so far behind with housework and relaxation.

After these past few weekends home, I feel energized and I am starting to get caught up with my long to-do list.

I finally got to play with my Cricut.  My parents gave it to me for my birthday, in May.   The box has been sitting out on a chair in the dinning room for a long time.

I packed up all the too small clothes for D.  She grew 1.5 inches in the past 6 weeks so it was a perfect time to get fall/winter clothes out.  I switched out my closet for fall while at it.  It is like shopping with things I already own. 

I did some mending, knit a lot and did some yard work, despite the rain.  I picked up, cleaned, organized and took care of the things I just leave for another day.  I cooked meals. I played with D.  We had a nice evening going out to dinner at Chili's.

For church today, I dryed my hair and straightened it.  I even put make up on.  I haven't even felt like doing that in weeks.

I have tons to do at work tomorrow and papers to grade for my class, but that is tomorrow.  Right now, I feel caught up.

No comments:

Post a Comment