Monday, October 17, 2011

Ultramarathon Man: A Review

Not only do I run , I read about running.  It helps two of my obsessions hobbies work together.  This week I got to do both.  I ran 6 miles on Sunday and read Ultramarathon Man: Confessions of an All-Night Runner by Dean Karnazes.  I feel so under-achieving when I read about his accomplishments.  This is his first book, but the second one I have read.  I read 50/50 last year.  It is nice that you can read running memoirs out of order.  I hope to read his latest book Run! soon.



In Ultramarathon Man, Dean describes his beginnings in running from kindergarten to high school to his new ultramarathon obsession starting at age 30.   Dean inspires me to do more; to be a better person and to run farther.  He is pretty funny, especially if you enjoy running humor.  He is pretty crazy, as he runs races over 100 miles. He forgoes sleep so that he can be a family man and runner.  Pretty amazing in my book.  I could never be like him because I could never give up sleep to run.  I love running but I really, really love sleeping.  I highly recommend this book, I couldn't put it down.  I read it all within 24 hours.  It is for runners and anyone interested in why someone would run.  I gave it 5 stars on Goodreads.


No comments:

Post a Comment