Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Nashville freak-out!!!!

I leave for Nashville tomorrow!  I am very excited and nervous and all the things a runner can be before her first half-marathon.  I know I am prepared and I can go the distance, but that part of my mind is not communicating with the freak out part of my brain.  I want to run 10 minute miles and finish with a 2 hr 10 min time but that seems a bit lofty as a goal.  I will still keep it as a goal but the main goal will be to finish.

Last Saturday, I ran the Pumpkin Classic 10k.  I was super impressed with my time (53:57) and ease that the running came after days of foot pain. I know I can do this thing, right?

I think my biggest freak out is: What's next?  I have been following a precise running plan for months, now I don't have one.  I have been planning on this half marathon for at least 5 months.  I guess I will find out when I start doing it. So what is next?  I have some 5k races I want to run later this fall but so what?  What am I going to do every day?

Oh a more positive note, I get to see friends in Nashville.  I am so grateful to one friend who is letting me stay with her and running with me.  You rock!  I can't wait to be back in Nashville.  I do miss it.  I never thought I would miss Nashville.  For the 5 years I lived there, I complained about it all the time.  I guess you do not know what you have until it is gone.  I don't know if I would ever want to live in Nashville again, but I would like to vacation there from time to time.  Not sure if this is really a vacation though.  Is running 13.1 miles a vacation?  If so, what sick person thinks that is a vacation?  It is a challenge.  I am going on a challenge not a vacation, but I might do a few touristy things on my challenge.  And I am going without my daughter or husband so it is a vacation from them, which every mom needs once and awhile.

So to end my freak-out ramblings I say, "Squeeeeeeeee!" (I really am very excited.)

No comments:

Post a Comment