Saturday, July 30, 2011

Bix7 Complete!

I did it!
I ran all 7 miles of the Bix.  I had to stop to pee so my time was under 72 minutes instead of the 70 I was hoping for, but I am just so happy that I finished.  So many did not.  We were under yellow flag running conditions which means moderate (risky conditions; proceed with caution).

I raced with 15,000 other people.  Definitely the largest race I ever want to run.  There wasn't much room to move around.  But now I can say I ran a race with Joan Benoit Samuelson.  She is pretty amazing (1984 gold metal Olympic Marathoner.)

Can you see me in this photo?
I cropped it and zoomed in on me.
I'm running down Brady Street hill with about a 1/2 mile to go.

It was hot and I am a bit sunburned but feeling pretty good.  Just a bit tired.

   
This is Andrew Bridgewater (my sister's friend from college) and me.  He ran the race 20 minutes faster that me, but in this photo I am winning!!!

My next race is the 1/2 Marathon in Nashville on September 24th.  I will have to run 6 miles farther than I did today.

No comments:

Post a Comment