Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014

Happy New Year, everyone.

I really love today.  I love that people are making resolutions.  I love resolutions because it is basically making a challenging to-do list.  I love challenges, I love lists.  This is one of the greatest convergences of things I love.  For one day, people are thinking a bit like me.

How did I spend my first day in 2014 so far?  Watching the Rose Parade and then the NHL's Winter Classic (hockey on the free channels y'all, this is exciting). Kniting.  Crocheting.  Cuddling with my kids. Spending time with my husband.  A pretty fantastic day on top of the whole resolution thing.

On the Today show this morning they stated that only 8% of people keep their resolutions. I try to make resolutions that are not immediately reached, things that cannot be "broken." I like to think that I can always start over and have a new New Year.  Every day is a day that I can start working harder on improving my life or doing something new and different.  Every day, but especially today, is a good day to make some goals.

I am going to make my resolutions public so I can be held accountable.

For my resolutions:

1. I am going to get back to running.  I will be in 5k running shape by spring.  My mom is taking a running 101 class at her fitness center.  If she is going to be in 5k shape by spring then I am too.

2. I am going to learn something new.  I am taking a college class this spring semester.  It is a marketing class.  I am excited to take this class because I think it will really enhance my job as outreach librarian. I haven't be in class as a student since 2009.

3. I am going to de-clutter my life.  I have already started in my kitchen.  I have filled two big boxes for a garage sale or to donate.  I also have 5 bags of books to donate (can you believe it, I am parting with books, you know I am business when I am parting with books). Soon I will have a pile of out-grown kids clothes and toys to get rid of.

I like having new goals for the day, week, month and year. I am just happy that today is a day that many people are thinking like this too.   

Do you have any resolutions you would like to make public?

No comments:

Post a Comment