Monday, March 4, 2013

Lost and Found

Have you ever lost anything and just gave up trying to find it, even though you knew it had to be somewhere?  It happens all the time to me.  I don't think it is a memory issue, it is a having too much stuff issue.  Somethings just gets misplaced and are never found again.  In a strange twist of fate, I found not one, but THREE long lost things in the past few days.

I reported earlier that I had lost my dear crochet hooks.  I had looked everywhere and checked everywhere I could have left them.  I was about to go buy a new set when lo and behold,  I found the crochet hooks.  They were under the coffee table in the living room.  So I guess I didn't check everywhere.  Good thing I decided to vacuum under the table or they would still be lost. Note to self: vacuum more or keep track of my stuff better. Neither seems likely.

In July, I lost my good sports bra (by good I mean expensive, supportive, and very pretty).  This is pretty traumatic for a runner.  I had to train for and run a half marathon without it. It was very sad.  I have not been in the market for buying a new one because I had to stop running.  It is sad, but true.  I have not run in weeks.  I just don't feel right when I run.  I do stationary biking instead so I hope I can keep some of my stamina and start running again this fall.  But, anyway, I had lost my Moving Comfort sports bra.  Then, I looked in a bag under my vanity.  I though I just had race stuff in it, you know brochures and biofreeze, standard race bag stuff, but no, my entire unwashed outfit from running the Bix 7 in July was in the bag. I washed it and it came out like new.  Note to self: do laundry and quite stuffing things in bags. But, I love stuffing things in bags.   

About 18 months ago, we lost our dogs' collars and leashes.  They were just gone.  again we looked everywhere at our house and both our parents' houses.  Last night my daughter decides to get her sewing machine out.  Now, I have moved her sewing machine bag countless times in the past 18 months, but apparently I never thoroughly searched in the bag because in there was the collars and leashes. Note to self: see previous commend about stuffing things in bags.

Maybe my luck is changing.  Maybe my pregnancy brain is just switching the way I think.  Instead of thinking about words to form proper sentences, my mind is thinking about where all my lost goodies are located.  At this point, I will take my brain doing anything.

Have you found anything lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment