Friday, September 7, 2012

Waldo's Stocking

I made a stocking last week.  This is for a co-worker's nephew.

It went together much faster than I thought and with less yarn.  This is my first stocking so I really didn't know what to expect. 

I use the pattern Striped Holiday Stocking by Red Heart.  I added a few rows and changed-up the color changes.  I used I Love this Yarn from Hobby Lobby.  Until I got to the heel, it had a real Where's Waldo feeling.  I still think it gives a good Waldo vibe.

I have three more stockings to make: one more for my co-worker and two for my cousin's twins.  My daughter doesn't have a handmade stocking from me so, maybe I should make one for her too.  I really like her store bought one though...it has sparkles.

This stocking only took about a week to make. I feel I am in good shape to get the others made as long as I don't get second-sock syndrome.  What's that, you say?  Second-sock syndrome happens when a knitter makes one sock but can't find the will to finish the pair.  It is a real problem among knitters.  I am currently having some second-sock syndrome with a pair of socks I started in the spring...only I am making them two-at-a-time so, I am just stuck on the foot of both.  I think that totally counts as second-sock syndrome.

With these stockings under way, I now think I have to start thinking about Christmas knitting and what I will be making, but for now, it is the beginning of September and I am just trying to make it through the week.  This fall semester is crazy.  I have 20 students in my online class and it is so hard for me to keep up.

Have you begun to think about holiday gifts?



No comments:

Post a Comment